We specialize in commercial construction and commercial facility management, from corporate interiors to restaurants, interior fit-outs and ground-up construction, all within occupied and unoccupied environments. Our team’s depth and combined experience can be properly tailored to service a wide variety of our Client’s requirements. TEEL’s corporate headquarters are located in Fairfax, VA with a satellite branch in Oakland, CA to allow us to conduct business nationwide.
Whatever your commercial building requirements may be, TEEL can build it and maintain it for you. We apply cutting edge technologies and construction methods to ensure our client’s expectations are met. When you partner with us, you will be provided a dedicated project team from pre-construction to project close-out and beyond.
The Preconstruction Phase is one of the most critical stages of the project. Our preconstruction team’s collaboration includes the following services targeted to define the overall construction approach, schedule and cost of the project:
- Due diligence and feasibility studies
- Constructability analysis
- Budget estimating
- Cash flow analysis
- Value engineering
- Project execution planning
- Facility assessments
Design + Build
Since our establishment in 1987, we have offered the advantages of Design + Build construction to our clients. With this project delivery approach, our Owners can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Cost Savings: The integrated project team focuses on efficiency and innovation
- Accelerated Schedule: Collaborative project management and subcontractor on-boarding will help complete the project faster
- Improved Quality: The team will be tasked with meeting performance goals, not minimum design requirements
- Reduced Disputes: By eliminating scope gaps upfront, subcontractor claims and disputes are virtually eliminated
General Contracting and Construction Management
Whether you are interested in a traditional at-risk General Contracting or open-book Construction Management project delivery, our project team uses a hands-on, results oriented approach to problem solving. We achieve project goals through a blend of in-depth construction experience, practical business sense and a proactive management style. Senior team members are professionals with the experience to overcome project time and resource constraints. Virtually all of our projects have fast-track schedules, so we excel in leading project teams to produce cost effective solutions and meeting deadlines. We utilize the latest in project management and scheduling software to keep the project team up-to-date with current information. Project goals are met through a combination of daily tracking, frequent meetings and site visits which includes:
- Subcontractor and vendor coordination meetings for shop drawing and submittal preparation.
- Regular field coordination meetings for trade sequencing and installation coordination.
- Weekly progress meetings with the design team and owner to review project status.
- On-going quality control checks and pre-punch list work review to ensure compliance and high quality results.
This quality consciousness is embedded into the project from day 1, with an “always be punching” mentality to achieve our goal of Zero Punch List (we had 5 zero punch list projects in 2015). We take pride in our ability to coordinate, schedule and work closely with owner-supplied vendors – from A/V to refrigeration contractors. As with all parts of project delivery, keeping shareholders correctly informed through accurate communication is the foundation for successful results.
Building Services and Facilities Management
TEEL’s Building Services and Facilities Management division bridges the gap between your end user (property management) and your development/ construction team. Our service team provides everything from emergency services to routine maintenance. Our processes and technology adoptions reduce our clients’ operating expenses through competitive bidding and effective vendor relationships and management. We provide you with professional facility management services at a fraction of the cost of hiring in-house maintenance technicians. Our wide range of services include, but are not limited to:
- Turn key tenant space modifications and build outs
- Special projects and roll-outs
- Expansions and retrofits
- Downsizings and closings
- Extended warranties
- Project management
- Property management
- Disaster management
- Emergency and after-hours service
- Building envelope maintenance and repairs
- Concrete: sidewalks, curb and gutter
- Rough and finish carpentry
- Doors and hardware
- Drywall and painting
- Supplier relationships include: Daltile, Mohawk, Patcraft, Shaw
- Restaurant equipment maintenance
- HVAC maintenance and repairs:
- Supplier relationships include: AAON, Carrier, Liebert, McQuay, Trane
- Sprinkler systems
- Electrical, lighting and signage
- Energy management
- Voice and data cabling